Thursday, July 19, 2012

Thank you!

Happy Thursday everyone! If this wasn't summer I'd be saying "Only one more day until the weekend!" but since it's summer I guess that doesn't count.  Plus, there's much more to be excited about.  If you read yesterday's "One word Wednesday" you probably guessed that I'm "wowed".  What am I so wowed about?  All of the wonderful people out in blogland who visited my blog, left comments and chose to follow me!  Wow is all I can say. Thank you for all your wonderful comments! Who would have thought that one little post could result in such excitement! 

As I mentioned, one of the reasons I was excited about my foam dice is that I could customize them and use them to practice subitizing in my class.  These will be a great addition to my favourite, easy to use subitizing resource:

Dot Card and Ten Frame Activities - by the Winnipeg School Division


I was given this package at a math workshop a couple of years ago and I use the activities regularly throughout the year.  It takes little prep and the activities are great for whole class, small group, homework or to send out with students who need extra practice.  Hope you enjoy it as much as I do! And thanks to the authors at the Winnipeg School Division for the wonderful resource! 

Happy Thursday! 
Sherri 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment